Accessible Boutique Hotel in Leeds
Please find outlined below our information. We hope to ensure you enjoy your visit to 42 The Calls regardless of whether your life is affected in some way by a medical condition, disability, impairment or specific learning difficulty.
Prior to Your Arrival
- Enquiries and reservations may be made by phone or email.
- Should you require a taxi to the hotel from Leeds Train Station (5 minute drive) or Leeds Bradford Airport (40 minute drive), we use a reliable company on a regular basis and we would be delighted to book them on your behalf. They do have vehicles suitable for wheelchairs if required.
- Directions to the hotel can be found on our website.
On Arrival at the Hotel
- There are a number of meter bays outside the hotel that can be used for disabled parking.
- Entrance to the hotel is by the way of a slight cobbled area that can be accessed by a wheelchair, with a slight lip in the doorway. Due to a revolving door at the entrance, there is a doorbell to gain access through a wide side door.
- We are more than happy to help you with your luggage and will collect it from your car and deliver it to your room.
- Floor is wooden and suitable for wheelchairs.
- Low level desk is not available, but we are more than happy to sit with you on the sofas in reception to complete your registration.
- Reception is all on one level.
- One lift available to 1st, 2nd & 3rd floors
- Our corridors are well lit and carpeted.
- Access to the lounge bar and River Room are unfortunately not accessible by wheelchairs as are both stair access only.
- There is a double door leading from reception to the lift area.
- We do not have a designated disabled toilet in the hotel, however, we have one bedroom with a wide doorway and bathroom fitted with grab rails which is available for guests wishing to use this facility.
- The fire alarm system is bells and does not have flashing lights. Assistance is given if evacuation is necessary.
The River Room and Lounge Bar
- There is ample movable seating in the restaurant and bar, but both are accessible by stairs only. We are happy to serve the full range of food and drink to your room due to the inaccessibility for wheelchairs.
- Both areas are well lit.
- Most bedrooms are accessible from the lift, but some have stairs leading down to them.
- We have one specially adapted bathroom with grab rails as standard, and can with prior notice, provide grad rails in others as well.
Fletland Suite Conferences
- The Fletland Suite is situated inside the hotel on the upper third floor, but unfortunately is not accessible by wheelchair.
- Service dogs are welcome.
- Mini Bars are available in all bedrooms and a fridge is available to conference guests on request for the storage of medication.
- We are able to use the front door in the even of evacuation. The bells will ring continuously if evacuation is needed. If you require assistance for evacuating please notify us on arrival.
We have tried to be as accurate as possible and have included as much detail as we can in our Access Statement, and openly welcome any suggestions you may have to continuously improve the information we provide.
If you require any further information or assistance please call 0113 2440099.