Press & Media Information
Should you have a press enquiry, photoshoot opportunity or wish to learn more about the hotel’s PR, please contact:
Phone: 0300 303 2222
42 The Calls Wow Factors
- 42 The Calls, Leeds – This boutique hotel has 41 guestrooms and suites, 24 hour room service, a history that dates back to the 18th century, a selection of Lishman’s award winning sausages, 10 major awards and accolades, and 2 private rooms
- This refreshingly different design hotel is set in a former 18th century corn mill
- With its minimalist chrome, leather and stylish interiors, it has elegance and just oodles of class
- Brilliantly located – a central setting overlooking the River Aire that is just a few minutes walk from the buzz of Leeds City Centre and with easy access to the world famous Headingley Cricket Ground, Elland Road and the Yorkshire Dales
- Original features of the corn mill – impressive oak beams, original mill mechanisms and exposed industrial girders – combine with handmade beds, lavish fabrics, contemporary lighting, eastern rugs, original paintings and sleek bathrooms to create a truly individual feel to each room
- Cleverly positioned ‘privacy hatches’ ensure guests are never unnecessarily disturbed
- An imaginative and vast buffet breakfast served every morning – a perfect example of English Breakfast at its finest. All produce is locally sourced and includes kippers; a variety of Lishman’s sausages, as a selection of jams and marmalades
- Round the clock room service or exclusive private dining experiences – for sublime modern dishes and friendly, professional service
- 42 The Calls is a good place to do business, and The Fletland Suite offers a balcony over looking the city.
- Leeds is one of the best shopping destinations in the UK, with the Victoria Gate with John Lewis, Trinity Centre, Harvey Nichols as well as quirky boutiques housed in the beautiful arcades, there is something for everyone and these can all be covered on foot in a few hours.
Award Winning Hotel in Leeds
- Condé Nast Traveller Awards Top Best Business Hotels in the UK, 2001 and 2002.
- Condé Nast Traveller Awards 8th Best Leisure Hotel in the UK, 2000.
- Which? Hotel Guide Business Hotel of the Year, 1999.
- Condé Nast Traveller Award for highest rated Business Hotel outside London, 1998.
42 The Calls Hotel is committed to ensuring that its operations take into account the possible impacts on the environment.
Filming & Photoshoots
Space and facilities at 42 The Calls are available to hire by external media production organisations as film locations.
Further background information is available outlining 42 The Calls’ company overview, plus facts on the hotel.
Images of the hotel and facilities are available to download as a JPG from the image library.